p h o t o g r a p h y
Gallery 2 > On Location (Abroad) > Gran Canaria
01. Hotel Cordial, Puerto De Mogan
02. Playa De Mogan, Puerto De Mogan
03. Playa De Mogan, Puerto De Mogan
04. The Harbour, Puerto De Mogan
05. The Marina, Puerto De Mogan
06. Harbour Entrance, Puerto De Mogan
07. Harbour Entrance, Puerto De Mogan
08. Explanada Castillete, Puerto De Mogan
09. Garden Gnomes, Puerto De Mogan
10. Dennehey's Marina, Puerto De Mogan
Gran Canaria (Spanish pronunciation: [a kanaja] meaning "Great [Island] of Dogs"), is the second most populous of the Canary Islands, an archipelago off the Atlantic coast of Northwest Africa which is part of Spain. As of 2018 the island had a population of 846,717 that constitutes approximately 40% of the population of the archipelago.
Gran Canaria is located in the Atlantic Ocean about 150 kilometres (93 miles) off the northwestern coast of Africa and about 1,350 km (840 mi) from Europe. With an area of 1,560 km2 (602 sq. miles) and an altitude of 1,956 m (6,417 ft) at the Pico de las Nieves, Gran Canaria is the third largest island of the archipelago in both area and altitude. Gran Canaria is also the third most populated island in Spain after Tenerife and Mallorca.
Puerto de Mogán is a picturesque resort and fishing village in the municipality of Mogán, set at the mouth of a steep-sided valley on the south-west coast of the island of Gran Canaria.
It attracts many tourists either to stay or on day-visits. Canals linking the marina to the fishing harbour have led to it being nicknamed "Little Venice" or the "Venice of the Canaries". Its beach (Mogán beach or playa de Mogán) has a good reputation. Restaurants and bars fringe the marina and the beach front. On Fridays there is a very popular market which brings in tourists from all over the island.
Puerto de Mogán has very few buildings over two storeys high and the government of Gran Canaria restricts new buildings taller than this.
All images are © copyright of Ashley Corr Photography and are protected by law. No unauthorised copying, downloading or reproduction in any other format is allowed without written permission from the owner
11. Market Stall, Puerto De Mogan
12. Alleyways of Puerto De Mogan
13. Archaeological Site, Puerto De Mogan
14. Moon Rising, Puerto De Mogan
15. Street Artist, Puerto De Mogan
16. Back Streets Of Puerto De Mogan
17. Back Streets Of Puerto De Mogan
18. Back Streets Of Puerto De Mogan
19. Back Streets Of Puerto De Mogan
20. Mammatus Clouds, Puerto De Mogan
21. Explanada Castillete, Puerto De Mogan
22. Boutique, Puerto Rico
23. Sand Dunes, Maspalomas
24. Sand Dunes, Maspalomas
25. Sand Sculptures, Maspalomas
26. Sand Sculpture, Maspalomas
27. Maspalomas Lighthouse
28. The Harbour, Puerto Rico
29. Back Streets Of Puerto De Mogan
30. Back Streets Of Puerto De Mogan